Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Holy Family

As promised, here are some pics of us as the holy family on Christmas Eve. :)

Every year our church asks a couple with a newborn to play these roles at the 11pm service at church. This year, we were the lucky ones asked. It's pretty neat actually...in the beginning of the service the couple does a small thing up front and "Mary" has a pregnant belly. (preggo pillow) Then, at the end of the service, as people are walking out of church, the family is in the manger scene with "Jesus" alive and kicking. As cool as it is...I'm not the greatest at acting, or being serious when everyone is staring at me. Although I didn't have to say anything, I did have to walk down the aisle at church, and let me tell you...it was so hard not to laugh and make faces at people (like I did in our wedding), so I just kept my head down. :) JD was a great Joseph. He had to light the advent candles, and had no issues with the super fancy candle lighter. Of course, Emilyn was the star of the show. She was a perfect little angel and slept the whole time people were walking out and looking at us. Some people were even questioning if she was real. All in all, it was a fun experience, and I'm sure Emilyn will love the pictures when she's older. Not to mention...this could become a family tradition, as my sister was baby Jesus when she was a little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment